IOHI inspections are backed by a guarantee.
My service doesn’t stop after the inspection or at closing. I am so confident in my inspections that I offer a guarantee. Lose the stress of the “what-ifs” and purchase your home with confidence!
A Pre-Listing Inspection informs you of any defects or problems with your home so that you can address them before prospective buyers discover them. You can then take the time you need to obtain reasonable repair estimates. Show prospective buyers that you are dealing in good faith. Avoid 11th-hour negotiations and delays, and justify your full asking price by having your home inspected now.
All homes are different and buying one can be especially overwhelming if it’s your first time. I go beyond inspecting and inform you on the features and safety features of your home to prepare you for home ownership. I encourage you to follow me during the inspection and familiarize yourself with your new home. In addition, I provide a full color 80+ page home maintenance book to help protect your investment at no extra charge.
My Home Inspections Include:
- Roofing Systems including gutters, flashing, downspouts, skylights and vents
- Structural Components
- Driveways & Walkways
- Decks, Porches, Patios, Balconies & Railings
- Foundation, Grading, Plumbing, and Drainage
- Exterior Doors, Windows, Sidings, Soffits & Fascia
- Attached Garages
- Attic Area Structure & Components
- Basements & Crawlspaces Structure & Subfloor
- Electrical Systems & Components
- Plumbing Systems
- Heating, Venting, and Cooling Systems
- Interior Finishes including Doors, Windows, Floors, Walls, Ceilings, & Stairways
- All installed Appliances and Controls
- All safety items, including Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors, Handrails, Fire Separation Walls, Doors & Proper Egress
- Drainage & Sump Pump Systems
Maryland and the International Association of Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) have a standards of practice (SOP) for home inspections. We perform our inspection to meet the requirements set forth by both to ensure you receive a quality inspection on your home.
Maryland Standards of Practice
International Association of Home Inspectors Standards of Practice
After the inspection:
- Comprehensive electronic report with summary and color photos that is clear and concise provided within 24 hours
- Home Maintenance manual to keep your home in top condition
- Buy-Back Guarantee
- A thorough understanding on the condition of the home
Why get a Pre-Listing Inspection?
Eventually your buyers are going to conduct an inspection. You may as well know what they are going to find by getting there first. Having an inspection performed ahead of time helps in many other ways:
- It allows you to see your home through the eyes of a critical third-party
- It helps you to price your home realistically
- It permits you to make repairs ahead of time.
- Defects won’t become negotiating stumbling blocks later
- You have the time to get reasonably priced contractors or make the repairs yourself, if qualified
- It may encourage the buyer to waive the inspection contingency
- It may alert you of items of immediate personal concern, such as radon gas or active termite infestation
- It may relieve prospect’s concerns and suspicions
- It reduces your liability by adding professional supporting documentation to your disclosure statement
- Alerting you to immediate safety issues before agents and visitors tour your home
Copies of the inspection report along with receipts for any repairs should be made available to potential buyers.
I Offer Two Versions of Radon Gas Tests:
Short-Term Radon Test:
- 2-3 day test using a multi solid-state continuous radon monitor equipped to detect tampering for high precision and confident results
- Typically performed when time is critical, such as home purchase, or the home has not been tested previously
- Provides a quick understanding of the radon levels of the home right now, with hourly detail
- Impartial analysis by Inside Out Home Inspector, LLC. who is not in the radon mitigation business
- Explanation of results upon completion of test and written report provided same-day
- A Home Inspector for life
Long-Term Radon Test:
- 9-12 month test using a passive (non-powered) Alpha Track detector
- Typically performed when time is not critical or short-term test reflected slightly elevated level of radon gas warranting further testing
- Provides an average radon gas level covering a longer period of time for a better representation of the home’s year-round average
- Impartial analysis by a lab certified with both the NRSB and NRPP
- Start to finish handling test
- A Home Inspector for life
Appointments fill quickly. Call or text (443) 559-7028 to discuss and schedule your inspection. Once you talk with me you will know I am the right inspector for you!